Tuesday, January 12, 2016

forget me not December 2015

Mac


  • "Thank you, Mom.  This is so epic."
  • "You know I like Finley better.  But I pet Buttercup when she walks by me.  I don't want to be rude.  Dogs have feelings, too."
  • You told me about your bad dream.  "It was about a guy who had a teleporter and he kept teleporting me and he teleported me to a dragon slayer and I only had an iron sword and the dragon killed me."
  • "You know how everybody, and I mean literally absolutely everybody. . ."
  • Are you the oldest?  "Yes.  And the most skilled."
  • Romeo: These are my treasures.  "If you're a man you call them trickets [trinkets] or odds and ends."
  • Pointing out your sternum, "That's your baby six pack.  That's what I call it."
  • I sent Finley in to sleep with you and you asked me "Mom why did you bring him in my room?"  I thought you would want to sleep with him.  "Oh.  I thought the Spirit told you there was going to be a break in through my window."
  • you screamed out at 11:00 at night "Mom!  Poppie is hiding somewhere in this room!"
  • "I have the keenest of eye sight.  I don't even really know what that means but I heard it somewhere."
  • Every time you see a jet stream you think it's a rocket.  I'm going to miss it when it stops.
  • To Pipsqueak "You're too cute to be mad at, annoyed with."


Romeo


  • "You're the best mom ever.  Even when you make me stand in the corner you're still the best mom."
  • Daddy asked you to go get something for him and as you gave it to him you said "You were saying. . ."
  • At the army Christmas party Santa came in and you ran to him and gave him a hug.  You were the first in line to sit on Santa's lap.
  • While watching A Charlie Brown Christmas it mentioned getting apples and oranges in their stockings.  You told me "that would be much better than candy.  I would like to get apples and oranges."
  • You broke down sobbing one night because I didn't call on you to say the blessing.
  • You ate dinner with your winter coat on.  Just like Papa.
  • It's 15* outside and you're wearing shorts and short sleeve shirts around the house.
  • I asked you to load the dishwasher and you grumbled but went to do it.  A couple minutes later you were whistling while you did your job.
  • You told me Pip needed a tissue and after I wiped her nose you said "You're beautiful again, Pip!"
  • Mac said he bungee jumped at his friends's house. and you asked "What does that mean?  You jumped like a bunny?"


Poppie


  • "When I was zipping up my coat I punched myself in the eye."  That takes talent.
  • "My scriptures are under my pillow so I can read them in my room and I have some privacy time.  Alone.  In my room."
  • While listen to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir sing a song from The Messiah, "I think they just said 'Rudolph.'"
  • "Mac, if you're mean to Santa he puts you on the naughty list."
  • "Guess what I have in my backpack?  Lamby.  Guess why?  Because I always have good memories every day that I have her."
  • "If you don't blow out the candles you're not five.  So I'm not five yet."  You were adamant that you didn't turn five until after you had blown out your candles.  At the end of the day.  Right before bed.
  • Poppie, be nice.  "But I'm soon going to be 15 and be in charge."  Said on your birthday.  When you turned 5.
  • You went with Daddy to choose your birthday cake from the store.  The bakery asked what you wanted them to write on it and you chose "Happy birthday to me."
  • "Please bless Daddy that he will come home safely from the army and that he will have nice dreams of us."
  • As you were opening presents from the army Christmas party you declared "No way I got this!"
  • We heard sirens when we pulled in to the store and you asked "Where are the police?  Are they looking for me?"
  • you woke me up from my nap with "Daddy and I were filling Pip's sippy in the living room and we spilled.  It was an accident."  Daddy doesn't fill sippies in the living room.  "Yeah.  He did.  He said it was an accident."  Did he clean it up?  "No.  It just spilled but we didn't clean it."
  • Do you want to be a cowgirl when you grow up?  "No.  I want to be a hair doer.  Because I have hair doer stuff."
  • "Today is 'church day' because I hate the word 'Sunday.'"
  • Romeo said something was magic and you said "Like a magic fairy?"
  • You started drumming on buckets and boxes and told me "Mom think of a song and start singing.  When you think of a song just start singing."  I started singing 'Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star.'  "No Mom.  Sing 'Adam was a Prophet.'"
  • "I'm poofed.  That means I'm tired."


Pipsqueak


  • I was holding you on my lap while watching a show.  You reached up and pulled my head down so we were cheek to cheek.  I stayed there for a minute then moved.  You put your other arm around my neck and pulled me back down to your cheek.
  • "Knock, knock."  Who's there?  "Moo!"  You've almost got the "interrupting cow" joke down.
  • "I wannew" everything.  "I wannew sippy, I wannew hold me, I wannew binky. . ."
  • Are you poopy?  "No.  I fine."
  • Poppie told me she loved me and you screamed "No!  I love Mommy!"
  • You saw Nonnie and Papa's picture on the table and said, "I wannew hold Nonnie.  Hold Papa."
  • I put pajamas on you that had snaps up the front instead of a zipper.  "Mommy.  Zipper go?"
  • You've started calling me "Mama."  I kinda love it.
  • You always want to zip up your pajamas.

No comments:

Post a Comment