Wednesday, January 12, 2011

progress

Last night I slept without wearing Ace's sweatshirt. I know it doesn't seem like a big deal but it was a huge step for me. I still slept clinging to our picture and I put his sweatshirt next to me so I could reach out and grab it if I needed some extra comfort and be reminded of Ace sleeping next to me. But I didn't wear it to bed. And today I got dressed. I wore real clothes. From my side of the closet. I was planning on putting makeup on, but by the time I got back upstairs it wasn't really worth it anymore. But I thought about it. It seems like such little things to be celebrating but I am. They're big deals to me. I still miss Ace like crazy, but things are getting better. I'm able to cope more. I feel better equipped to take care of my children by myself. It may not seem like a big deal but it is a huge leap for me. I never thought my own baby steps towards growth would feel like such a monumental leap.

2 comments:

  1. You are amazing. Hope to see you all at playgroup tomorrow. Sweats and PJ's for the kids are welcome. Just come! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! I KNOW you can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete